Tax Time FAQs
Tax Time FAQs
Tax season is quickly approaching, and with that comes a lot of questions. We hope that we can ease some of the tax time stress with answering some of our most frequently asked questions.
- Where can I find my statement? Right here on our website. Click on the client logins tab to access the account systems used at our firm. From there you will be able to view and download your account statements.
- When can I expect to receive my end of year statements? The IRS 1099 tax forms were mailed on January 31st. You should receive it within 5-7 business days. We have also included a link from Pershing, LLC (BNY Mellon) on key dates for tax document delivery. 2017 1099 Tax Statement
- Will you be in touch with my CPA or tax professional? We are happy to collaborate with your accountant to assist with tax preparation. Please provide our office with your accountant's contact information and written consent to both parties that we are permitted to discuss your personal account information. This is best done in an email to both your financial advisor and your CPA or tax professional.
- Do you prepare taxes? No, however we can recommend someone highly skilled to assist you in preparing your tax return.
- Is it a good idea to have a meeting before tax time? Although most tax planning strategies need to be completed before the end of the year in which you are filing, there are still a few areas that we can address prior to filing.
We are here to help with any additional questions that you might have prior to filing your taxes. Please feel free to contact our office to schedule some time to speak with your financial advisor.